Sunday, February 24, 2008

Shtreiml coming to town

Living on the North Coast (aka Michigan), I don't get a lot of great Jewish music bands coming my way. I'm in for a treat, though. Shtreiml will be hitting Ann Arbor on March 6 and playing the Neutral Zone. I hope I can make it to the show. I first posted about Shtreiml back in January of 2007. Here's how they describe themselves...
"Shtreiml offers a high-octane mix of not-so-traditional Eastern-European Jewish and Turkish music. Led by harmonica innovator Jason Rosenblatt, one of the few people worldwide who can play the diatonic harmonica (a.k.a. blues harp) chromatically, Shtreiml's blues-rock infused set delivers a new look at some centuries old folk music."
I shouldn't be greedy. If you don't happen to live on the North Coast (and if you do, please drop me a note) you can catch up with Shtreiml at any of these venues.

2/26 Boston, MA - The Beehive
2/28 Arlington, VA - IOTA Club and Cafe
3/1 West Chester, PA - Performing Arts Center @ University of West Chester
3/4 Pittsburgh, PA - Howler's Coyote Cafe
3/5 Cleveland, OH - The Grog Shop
3/6 Ann Arbor, MI - The Neutral Zone
3/8 Petoskey, MI - Crooked Tree Arts Center (Blissfest Org. Concert Series)
3/9 Traverse City, MI - Inside Out Gallery

No comments: