Monday, June 15, 2009

Some serious happy-clappy from Steve Cohen

I got an note on Facebook recently from a fellow named Steve Cohen....
"I'm a classically trained composer, and I attend a Reform congregation in Larchmont, NY. The former cantor there, Lori Corrsin, now sings at Temple Emanu-El in New York City. I sang bass in the Zamir Chorale, under the direction of Matthew Lazar for about 7 seasons, and I've had my choral pieces performed at the North American Jewish Choral Festival, by zamir and also by the Kol Zimrah choir of Chicago, IL. I'm about to release a CD of solo vocal music, psalm settings and liturgical pieces...."
While the CD isn't out yet, here's a tasted of what Steve's got in store for us. There's some serious happy clappy going on here...

Kol Ha-amim Tiku Kaf

According to Steve, Kol Ha-amim Tiku Kaf is
"A piece for children's choir, based on Psalm 47, Verses 2-3. Music by Steve Cohen. Performed at the SAR Academy, in Riverdale, NY, by the SAR Combined Choirs, Naomi Katz Cohen, music director."
By the way, "happy clappy" is actually a technical term. Seriously.

No comments: