Monday, October 3, 2011

Yehuda Katz going solo

It's funny. Historically, I've never been a big jam-band, Grateful Dead kind of guy. I'm not sure why I so love Shlomo Carlebach and his psuedo-hippy Chassid protégés so much. But I do. Which is why I was thrilled when I got an email Aryeh Kunstler pointing me to Yehuda Katz new videos and album. Katz was one of the founders of popular Israeli Hassidic music group Reva L’Sheva and in the new album expands on his joyful Shlomo Carlebach / Grateful Dead sound. Love it. Check it out.

Yehudah Katz - Biladecha/Not Without You



For more info on Katz, check out this recent Jerusalem Post article. His other new video, Hudo, is also excellent. You can grab the new album through iTunes and follow Katz on Facebook.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Inspiring !
Thank you for pass it on a new upcoming hasidi star
Bar Mitzvah Song - Mendy & Avi Piamenta HD

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
online pharmacy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rabbanit Ruth Alfasi said...

Wow, yasher koach! I rarely find music I can listen to while working on the computer, but such shalom.